Feb 13, 2010

Opening Ceremonies (or not)

Right now I was planning to be blogging about the Opening Ceremonies. The things that stood out to me, things that surprised me, things that made me want to give our country a big hug, things that filled me with pride. But, unfortunately, I didn't see them. No, I didn't forget, how could I? I got a migraine. For those of you who don't know, a migraine is a bad headache that effects other parts of your body too. My eyes were hurting and I was nauseas, all stuff I've had before, but then I started to get a kind of pins and needles sensation in my hand and face, but only on the right side. Now, neither my mother or I like the sound of that, so we headed off to the ER 3 minutes before the Opening Ceremonies began.
Everything at the hospital went fine, they said it was probably just something new added to my 'migraine routine', and referred me to a neurologist to make sure. I left, feeling a lot better, around 8:30pm. I got home just in time to watch the cauldron be lit, but that was it. I missed it all.
Now I am simply waiting for the Opening Ceremonies to be up on Shaw On Demand so I can watch the spectacular show everyone else saw. Look out for that belated blog!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds scary, I'm glad you're okay! I'm sure the Opening Ceremonies would be on the CTV website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I can completely understand you...I get migraines somehwat chronically. : (
    Glad you felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well im glad it wasnt anything too serious!

    ReplyDelete