Feb 18, 2011

The King's Speech

Today I saw "The King's Speech" directed by Tom Hooper. I had high expectations for this movie, as I had been told it was fantastic, it is nominated for 12 Oscars, and is ranked 95th on IMDb. My expectations were reached and passed. "The King's Speech" is a impressively phenomenal film that touches you through it's excellent composition and acting. I can see why some have said that they were bored at first, or thought it was slow, but I really enjoyed the pace it went at. I loved how we got to know our characters in all their qualities and flaws as the plot line drifted along at a comfortable pace. I left the theatre feeling really good and fulfilled by the magical piece of art I had just witnessed. "The King's Speech" gets a 9/10 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment